GIS Technician I
IDS is seeking an entry-level GIS Technician. This position will have the opportunity to perform mapping services and provide high-quality exhibits for engineers and field technicians on projects including municipal, land development, transportation, and drainage improvements throughout the greater Houston area and in south-central Texas.
- Performs mostly entry-level technical support of assigned projects
- Assigned basic map and shapefile creation, digitizing, and manipulation of GIS data
- Edits data and generates maps and reports in an ArcGIS 10.0+ environment
- SDE Data Editing, Georeferencing, Spatial and 3D Analyst, and integration of AutoCAD layers into GIS
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science, or GIS related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year of practical work experience
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced production environment and have working knowledge of GIS and cartographic concepts.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and possess an accommodating and proactive attitude
- AutoCAD knowledge is a plus
- Starts On: May 25, 2017, 8:59 a.m.