IDS is seeking an engineer with five to seven years of experience in conducting hydraulic/engineering designs for water resource projects.
- Analyze and design projects including stormwater detention basins, open channel design, sizing of culverts, floodplain analysis, computing flood profiles, storm sewer design, and watershed planning for public and private clients
- Quality assurance of work performed
- Coordinate with government agencies to obtain approval and signatures
- Assist with reports and cost estimates
- Coordinate with internal and external clients
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related degree
- Texas Professional Engineer license
- Minimum of five years H&H experience including project management
- Experience with Harris County and Harris County Flood Control District projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point)
- Strong technical writing/verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and possess an accommodating and proactive attitude
Candidate must be experienced in surface water modeling and experience with the following software is required:
- Hydrologic Modeling (HEC 1, HEC-HMS)
- Hydraulic Modeling (HEC-2, HEC-RAS), Unsteady and 2D flow are a plus
- Stormwater Basin Routing Software (such as XPSWMM, EPA SWMM, ICPR, or PONDPAK,)
- ArcMap 10.x
- TxDOT design software (Winstorm, THYSYS)
The level of authority and responsibilities of this position will be commensurate with the experience level demonstrated.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this open position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.