Drainage & Flood Control
For more than 42 years, IDS has provided engineering services in the area of drainage and flood control for public and private clients. We have excellent working relationships and knowledge of drainage criteria used by local entities across the state of Texas.
IDS has performed innovative, ground-breaking studies and pioneered new concepts in and around Harris County. Specifically, IDS performed the first study to define regional stormwater detention systems as a solution to Harris County’s flooding problems.
Utilizing the latest software and techniques, we can determine the existing and developed drainage conditions, and evaluate the alternatives for stormwater discharge consistent with local drainage regulations, including requirements for stormwater treatment and detention. IDS can also delineate the existing floodplain and determine the alternatives for modifying the existing floodplain and documenting such changes through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) process.
Our drainage and flood control services include:
- Master Drainage Plans
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling
- FEMA Letters of Map Amendment and Map Revision (LOMA/LOMR/CLOMR/LOMR-F)
- Stormwater Detention Basins (gravity, pumped, dry, or wet bottom)
- Stormwater Pump Stations
- Stormwater Quality Treatment Basins
- MS4 Stormwater Quality Permitting and Management Plans
- Storm Sewer Collection Systems
- Storm Sewer and Manhole Inspection/Rehabilitation