The IDS team has proven time and again that character is contagious and welcomed by communities. In that spirit, IDS employees donate their time and talents to the communities offering positive building blocks to growing communities.
STEM Town USA – a collaborative effort with the Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce to introduce third grade girls to the exciting opportunities found in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math fields.
Cypress Fairbanks ISD
- Adopted Dean Middle School
- Work with math classes to expose them to the challenges and problem solving of engineering
- Support the Winter and Spring blitz that supports students who have improved their grades
- Adopted Bane Elementary School
- Bus Buddies – IDS employees ride the school bus providing assistance to students and bus drivers to ensure that students get off at the correct bus stops on the first day of school.
- Build-A-Bike Program – IDS donates 50 bikes to the elementary school in an effort to foster better learning habits, grades, and attendance.
Buffalo Bayou Regatta – Texas’ largest canoe and kayak race sanctioned by the American Canoe Association. This 15-mile adventure takes participants down the scenic Buffalo Bayou and all proceeds from the race help transform and revitalize Buffalo Bayou which is Houston’s most significant national resource.
Beach Cleanup with the Texas General Land Office – During the Spring and Fall, you can find IDS employees cleaning beaches along the Gulf Coast.